lunes, 12 de octubre de 2009

I have a blog?

Saludos to all family and friends and who knows, maybe some random desconocido interested in my travels (although I hope not...) who find themselves reading this blog. After six months abroad - both in the Dominican Republic and Uruguay (and future travels in Ecuador and beyond) I finally decided to start a blog.

You might find yourself asking, "Why?" Or maybe in the Spanish spirit you are asking yourself, "Por qué? -- Regardless, I will tell you:

1. I want to practice my English. After six months of Spanish, Spanish, y más Spanish, my English (especially in the written form) needs some work. In other words, excuse any Spanglish used in my blog entries.
2. In the past few months spent abroad I have had some amazing, even life changing
experiences - experiences without a doubt worthy of sharing.
3. It is much easier to keep everyone updated on my whereabouts via blog...Plus I have always secretly wanted to have a blog.
4. Maybe if I was half-way finished with my one semester abroad and nearing the end of my travels it wouldn't be worth it to start a blog so "late in the game"...However, I am not done with my travels (sorry Mom and Dad), not even close!
5. Blogs are a great and easy way to share photos, so stay posted for some great shots.


So, now you know why I have decided to create this lovely blog which I have named "M.M en A.L," which stands for "Megan Mishler en América Latina." Now I can't guarantee that this blog will be insightful, hilarious, free of errors, or have frequent updates, but I can guarantee that I will TRY to write once a week or so and that what I write will be honest and interesting (well, hopefully)!

To start off the blog I am going to post a few pictures that highlight my past five months abroad. Love to all!
In Punta Del Este, Uruguay. Eating waffles with my new favorite food staple, dulce de leche.
The end of a student-led march in Montevideo, Uruguay - known as "Líber Arce" (the name comes from the first and last name of the first student killed during the dictatorship in Uruguay in the 1970's-80's. The name said aloud sounds like "liberarse," the verb in Spanish which means "to liberate").
My goddaughter, Marialís, in Los Marranitos, Dominican Republic (where I spent the summer of '09 working as the teacher in a small community consisting of less than 150 people).
Some of the niños in Los Marranitos...
The view from my window...the highest mountain in the Caribbean "Pico Duarte."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario