viernes, 9 de abril de 2010

A Day in the life of "Megita"

My daily schedule goes somewhat like this:

Wake up around 7:05.
Make a cup of tea.
Feed my puppy.
Make the less than one-minute walk to school.
Teach from 7:30 to 12:45.
FREE TIME
FREE TIME
FREE TIME
FREE TIME


As you can see…after 12:45 I have a pretty free schedule – and yet I always feel busy. Here is how I find myself spending my “free-time”…
-helping students of all ages with English homework
-going to the river with groups of kids to bañarse
-sitting at the front of the kiosk-like store in the center of town and playing cards
-helping someone milk their cows in El Monte
-Racing on horseback up to the mirador (look out point) of El Triunfo
-Looking for (pulgas) on my puppy...(not so much anymore thanks to the friendly vet)!
-babysitting my adorable little “sister”, Melanie
-helping vecinos (neighbors) to plant crops/till fields, etc. (thus the constant blisters on my hands)
-hiking to the cascada de las golondrinas (waterfall of the songbirds) and swimming in the waterfall beneath it
-taking the bus down to Baños and getting manicures for $1.25 (complete with semi-ghetto flower designs)
-helping to feed the chickens/rabbits/pigs/guinea pigs/etc.
-reading to the neighbor kids
-washing clothes in the river on a rock with las muchachas (I am by a LONG shot the worst washer around)

Estás celoso? I thought so. Muahaha.

Enjoy the fotos! (Teaching El Triunfo how we celebrate Easter in the states, Puppy Lovin’, Humming bird sitting in a nest made of spider webs, niño in a USA hat from the clothing drive, Antoni with his pet chickens

PS – My highlight of the week was giving Leni (a little boy in third grade with six fingers on each hand) a few pictures I printed out when I was home of the six fingered major league pitcher, Alfonseca. The look on his face almost made me cry…as his classmates looked on wishing they were the ones with six fingers.





M

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario